You may know about the decision of Council to refuse the Stage 2B 21 storey tower proposed for the former Lombard’s site. The developer has appealed this decision at VCAT.
Respecting that the majority of Council also resolved to approve the Stage 2A 9 storey component, Cr Jim Cusack (Deakin ward) and I voted against this proposal in Council on 4 March on a number of grounds:
· Poor use of public transport
· Poor pedestrian and cyclist access
· Poor integration with adjoining residential area
· Poor integration with Stage 1
· Poor connections with open space
· Poor environmental response
The developer has also appealed the conditions put on the Stage 2A development. You can see these conditions at www.mvcc.vic.gov.au - look at the minutes for the Council meeting on 4 March.
The Planning Permits for Stages 2A and 2B are currently being considered by Council. I will continue to argue for improvements to the plans to make the development greener and better suited to its location.