In the past two weeks, I've knocked on 500 doors and had over 250 conversations with Moonee Valley residents. I've asked you...
"What's your wish for Moonee Valley?"
- sensitive planning that respects neighbourhhood character of streetscapes and private open space of small blocks
- a heritage overlay for Marshall and Clarence streets in Newmarket and other parts of Ascot Vale and Moonee Ponds
- more efficient collection of hard rubbish to keep streets safe and clean
- a focus on urban design in planning
- adjustments to parking restrictions to accommodate residents
- attention to footpaths for prams, wheelchairs and children
- plan for Travancore park to be implemented
- maintaining parks and green spaces
- care that weeds are not transferred between green spaces via lawnmowers and other machinery
- care for vulnerable people facing drug and alcohol addition
- parking around school areas to be better enforced
- better enforcement of permit parking
- funding for more community services
- employment opportunities
- respectful responses from the Office of Housing to issues at public housing sites
Kathy's wish is for us to retain our sense of community.
Elhadi's wish is for better security for the Flemington housing estate so that families feel safe at night.